Bring goodness and local flavour to this shishebo recipe with pumpkin leaves (mekopu). As one of the Future 50 Foods, pumpkin leaves (mekopu) are grown locally and filled with incredible nutritional value. Enjoy them in a tasty meal that’s better for you and better for the world.
What You’ll Need:
- 500g pumpkin, peeled and sliced into wedges
olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, finely grated
- 30ml (2 tbsp) curry powder
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground turmeric
- 1 x Knorr Tomato Base Dry Cook-In Sauce
- 30g (1 cup) tender pumpkin leaves (mekopu), chopped
- 1 x 400g tin lite coconut milk
- Steamed rice, to serve
How to Make:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a large oven-proof pan or pot, mix the ginger, curry powder, turmeric, and KNORR Tomato Base Dry Cook In Sauce.
- Add the pumpkin wedges, drizzle with olive oil and toss well to coat.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden and soft.
- Remove from the oven and add the pumpkin leaves (mekopu) and coconut milk. Stir to combine.
- Return to the oven for 10 minutes to reheat (you could do this on a stovetop to save time).
- Serve with steamed rice.