Few groups of power plants that can compare to the brassica family, consisting mostly of leafy greens, cruciferous veg and B-well Canola oil. Most are loaded with antioxidants, high levels of vitamin C, A, E, K, calcium, iron, folate, potassium and phosphorus. As well as a power-packed phytonutrient, glucosinolates – shown to have anti-viral, antibiotic and anti-fungal activity in the body. Pow-pow!
Brassicas: B-well Canola Oil, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach/kale.
Garlic: Natural anti-viral, anti-microbial
Onions: Packed with selenium, zinc and vitamin C, natural anti-viral, anti-histamine and strong antioxidants.
Time: 35 minutes
What You’ll Need:
- 2 Tbsp B-well Canola Oil
- 1 head broccoli, separate florets
- 1 head cauliflower, separate florets
- 1 handful spinach/kale
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 6 medium/small zucchini, chopped
- 2 tsp vegan veggie stock
- Boiling water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can coconut cream (optional)
How to Make:
- In a large pot, heat the B-well Canola Oil on medium high heat and add the chopped onions
- Braise the onions till light brown and blush, then add the garlic and stir well to allow flavours to release
- Add enough water to cover the onions. Then add the chopped zucchini, allow to cook and slightly braise till soft.
- Add the stock to a cup of boiled water till diluted and add to the pot.
- Now add in the florets of broccoli and cauliflower and the chopped spinach/kale.
- Add another cup of boiling water.
- Reduce the heat to medium and replace the lid of the pot.
- Allow vegetables to cook and soften completely for at least 5 min. Then remove lid and allow soup to reduce slightly for another 5 min.
- Using a hand blender (preferably) or a standard blender, blend the soup until smooth.
- Add soup back onto medium heat and stir in the coconut cream.
- Allow to cook for another 5 min.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Enjoy the luscious texture and incredible flavour profiles that tingle your senses and boost your immune system.