This pasta sauce is super easy to make, is inexpensive and is so darn delicious. Besides beings lusciously creamy, what’s really special about this recipe is its showcase of the humble button mushroom. Partnered with all the delicious garlic and spices, the button mushroom adds meaty flavour, while boosting this meal with selenium, a trace mineral important for a healthy immune system.
Button Mushrooms: Source of selenium, potassium, B vitamins, calcium, phosphorus and iron.
Spinach: Antioxidant, carotenoids, vitamin C, folic acid, calcium.
B-well selection of products: Omega 3 and 6.
Time: 20 minutes
What You’ll Need:
- 2 Tbsp B-well Original Tangy Mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp B-well Cooking Olive Oil
- B-well Extra Virgin Olive Oil, drizzle
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- 1 punnet of button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 large spinach leaves, thinly shredded
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp dry coriander
- Coconut Milk
- Pasta of your choice (we love baby marrow pasta)
How to Make:
- In a medium saucepan, add the onions and braise in some B-well Cooking Olive Oil, until pink and blush.
- Add some water, enough to cover the onions (about 45 ml) and allow the onions to soften for about 3 min.
- Mix in the salt, pepper and red chilli.
- Now add the mushrooms, allow to brown and stir to ensure they are coated.
- Add the garlic, coriander, milk and B-well Original Tangy Mayonnaise and stir well.
- Close the lid of the saucepan and allow to thicken and cook for about 2-3 min.
- Drizzle with B-well Extra Virgin Olive Oil and stir.
- Add the cooked pasta, mix, serve, garnish as you wish and ENJOY the creamy pleasures of all the mushroom flavours, while your body enjoys the boost.
- Garnishing with fresh coriander
- Sprinkling of the cheese of your choice
- Sprinkling nutritional yeast before serving
- Using this sauce as a burger topping
- Dipping our chips in this sauce, anyone say, “disco mushroom fries”